Now that 2018 is off and running, plumbing companies will want to ensure optimal PPC campaigns for the new year. Every aspect of your pay per click campaign is important, but visible elements, in particular, can make or break the success of the entire operation.
When you set out to design an advertisement for your plumbing company, you require at the very least, an enticing headline, clear message, and one that fits within character restrictions. But how should plumbers go about producing the most optimal pay per click advertisement? Check out these 9 tips below:
1. Define Your Audience
The #1 pillar to every advertisement is customer appeal. The only way to truly accomplish that is by defining your customer as narrowly as possible. Some ways to do that include:
- Consumer Psychology: Put yourself in the shoes of your customers, what are their needs?
- Customer Feedback: Consult with actual customer feedback from surveys and other sources
- Market Research: Use Google Analytics and other free tools to measure audience behavior
- Search Query Data: Use Google Search Console to collect data from relevant search queries
2. Make Your Ad Customer-Centric
When writing text for your paid advertisement, you’ll want to make the text about the customer rather than your own company. Consider the examples below:
- Optimal Text: The Bathroom Remodel of Your Dreams!
- Non-Optimal Text: We Remodel Bathrooms in (City,ST)
3. Display Calls to Action
With any form of advertisement, you are fighting an invisible clock for the customer’s attention. It is important that you encourage immediate action before the consumer loses interest. Calls to action can be:
- Downloads: Discounts, coupons, or other downloadable content
- Email Opt In’s: The option for a consumer to receive regular emails from your company
- Phone Numbers: Links which utilize click to call functionality on mobile devices
- Subscriptions: The option to subscribe to a newsletter or other form of communication
4. Keywords Aren’t Dead
Regardless of what you’ve heard about keywords, they are still useful when properly implemented. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to research relevant keywords in the plumbing industry. Metrics to look for include:
- Ad Impression Share: The amount of times an Ad will be seen for a given keyword
- Average Monthly Searches: A self explanatory metric also known as search volume
- Competition: Google’s projection of Ad competition
- Suggested Bid: Google’s best suggestion for a bid on a defined keyword
5. Diversify Your Ads
A main component of PPC success is trial and error. AdWords recommens the creation of 3 to 4 Ads in each group. This allows Ads to be tested in real-time and therefore display the highest performing one more consistently. An example of a diverse Ad group would be:
- Bathroom Remodels
- Bathroom Renovation
- Shower Remodels
- Shower Remodeling
The #1 PPC Company for Plumbers
If you require assistance with any aspect of your pay per click campaign, Plumbing Webmasters is the company for you. Not only will we manage and analyze your campaign but we will continually improve it to ensure optimal performance. Our years of experience working with plumbing companies has given us invaluable data that can help ascend your marketing past competitors in 2018.
If you are tired of generic PPC companies, the time is now to make a switch. We know your target audience and exactly what it takes to appeal to them. With Plumbing Webmasters you won’t be just another number. We treat each of our client’s as if we were marketing for our own company. Call (877) 388-9884 for plumber PPC campaign management.