It is 2018, and plumbers across the nation are looking to grow their business online. There is no better place to accomplish that than with Plumbing Webmasters. We offer a full range of online marketing services that will have your plumbing company ascending on Google search engine results. As the new year is upon us, the way we think about plumber internet marketing must continue to evolve. Plumbing companies that want to stay ahead of the competition cannot be stagnant. Some internet marketing trends to keep an eye on in 2018 include:
Defining Your Customer
There has never been more information available to plumbing companies looking to build a customer profile based on internet behavior. The realization that most leads will be generated online is old news, what’s new is how specifically we can define our target customer, and tailor our website to meet their needs. Some of the ways we can define our target customer include:
- Behavior: Websites can track how users engage with their pages, step by step, so that you know the exact component that must be improved
- Demographics. Technology can now measure specific demographics which visit your website, be it on a mobile or tablet device, in a specific geographical region, or a particular age group
- Interests: With retargeting Ads, plumbing websites can actually market to potential customers as they surf the web for their other interests
- Medium: There are more outlets than ever before from which customers can reach your services, including social media, search engines, advertisements, etc.
Why is customer definition so important in 2018? Because the efficiency of your online marketing directly correlates with financial gain. In other words, the plumbing companies that most efficiently define and target their customers will see the most effective results. Plumbing Webmasters can help you get started immediately and get the new year started on the right note.
As you learn more about your customers, what you’ll find is that they don’t all fit into the same box. The reason one person may be searching for plumbing services in your area is not automatically a macro-level distinction. The more specifically you can tailor your content to the most defined groups of users, the more conversions you will create. Some examples of this concept include:
- Ad Flexibility: One size does not fit all, and enticing different groups of users bring them all to to your website
- Calls to Action: Creating multiple calls to action based on segmented groups of customers can create more conversions
- Dynamic Content: Ensuring your content appeals to different groups based on market research
- Mobile Responsive: Content should be displayed optimally on each device, including mobile, tablet, and desktop
Like all data trends, the more specific we can get, the better off we will be. This is why trends will always favor those who can reach enough individuals. 20 years ago, plumbing services in a particular city could monopolize the internet with a simple long tail keyword. Today, websites must account for much more specific variables. Plumbing Webmasters can help you get started today.
The television industry tells us all we need to know about the state of video in our society. It can now be accessed anywhere, any time. A plumbing ad run on the local TV network is obsolete when we consider that any customer can access on demand video on their mobile device. Reaching them at their preferred destination (mobile) through their preferred medium (video) is the ultimate marketing strategy for plumbers in 2018. Some ways to integrate video into your marketing campaign include:
- On Site Video: A landing page video can entice a new generation of customer to your services
- Video Advertising: Run Ads on YouTube to reach people while they watch videos
- YouTube Channel: Create a brand specific YouTube channel to engage with customers
All the data backs up the idea that video integration is a growing trend in 2018. In fact, YouTube is the most used App on the internet and accounts for millions of unique users. It’s hard to argue with that kind of data. If you want to get ahead of the competition in the new year, invest in Plumbing Webmasters today. Give us a call at 877.388.9884 and discuss the latest trends.