While talking with plumbing contractors on a regular basis, one of the most frequent questions that come up in conversation is; what does Google look for in a website? Plumber Google optimization is a detailed process that requires patience and adaptability, along with strong attention to detail.
At Plumbing Webmasters, we are constantly improving our websites to keep up with Google’s evolution. If you’re interested in plumber Google optimization, call us at (877) 388-9884. Here are some of the components of a Google-optimized online presence:
- Google My Business: Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business page helps customers identify your plumbing company and its reputation
- Location Data: Helping potential customers find your business is a requirement for Google optimization
- Organic SEO: Keywords in the title, header, and meta tags, all contribute to search optimization
- Quality Content: Engaging content that informs potential customers of your services, is the foundation of Google optimization
- Responsive Design: Making a website accessible on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices, allows Google to market it to all its users
- Structured Data: Helping Google understand your website through the use of structured data, including schema.org, gives you a better chance to attract relevant traffic
Each of these factors plays a role in how Google views your plumbing company. Having a well-optimized website is a big part of the process, but that alone is not enough to reach your maximum online potential. To satisfy Google, your business must build authority through multiple channels, all of which must present your brand in the most professional way possible. Search engines value consistency and visibility. At Plumbing Webmasters, we help contractors optimize their online presence for Google.
What Plumbing Contractors Should do About Google Rankings
Ranking on Google is not an easy task. Because of the competition in the plumbing industry, contractors must pay close attention to detail in order to rank well on search engine results pages (SERPs). It is important to note, that it takes some time for Google to process your website’s optimization. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate results, as your patience will pay off in the long run. To discuss Google optimization, give us a call at (877) 388-9884 The following steps can help Plumbers move up on Google SERPs:
- Citation Sources: In addition to Google My Business, plumbers should build citation sources on directories like; Angie’s List, BBB, and HomeAdvisor.
- Keyword Research: You can use Google’s Keyword Planner tool to develop a list of keywords with buying intent.
- Link Building: By linking to authority sites where necessary, and earning backlinks from reputable institutions, plumbing contractors can begin to ascend on Google rankings.
- Reputation Management: Pay close attention to your reviews on Google and Yelp, and make sure you respond to negative ones in a professional manner.
There is no way to trick Google into ranking your website. Plumber Google optimization is a gradual operation that takes patience. Attempting to expedite the process through manipulative tactics will only hurt your reputation, and require a recovery process, just to get back to where you started. Tactics such as link scheming, keyword stuffing, hidden text, and doorway pages, are all more trouble than their worth. If you are looking for assistance, Plumbing Webmasters has the tools and insight to improve your Google rankings and expand your business online.
Google SEO Measurement for Plumbing Companies
Measuring your website’s SEO can help you determine how to improve it. There are several tools that Google offers to help plumbing companies understand the strengths and weakness of their site. Data is valuable for every company because it highlights the areas in which they must improve. In addition, knowing the aspects of SEO for which you are excelling, allows you to recalibrate your strategy to target less efficient areas. Using measurements that come directly from the source for which you wish to rank on, makes the data generated by them, of increased value. Some of the tools offered by Google include:
- Google Analytics: A comprehensive measurement tool with custom metrics and reporting
- Google Correlate: See how current events impact searches, by location
- Google PageSpeed Insights: Analyze your website speed
- Google Search Console: Allows websites to check visibility and indexing statuses
- Google Test My Site: Measure the speed of your mobile website
- Google Trends: Follow and analyze the trends of specific areas
Over the past decade, Google has become more transparent about what they expect from websites. With the plethora of resources available, plumbing companies should have a better understanding of how to rank well on Google SERPs. At Plumbing Webmasters, we understand that contractors have busy schedules, and don’t have the time to invest in online marketing. We will handle all aspects of your internet marketing, and give you the best chance to improve your rankings. For plumber Google optimization, call us now at (877) 388-9884