Has My Plumbing Website Been Penalized?
Violating Google’s Webmaster Guidelines can earn your website the scarlet letter of a Google penalty. As Google continues to update its algorithms to better serve the needs of its users, your website must follow protocol to sustain or increase its ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). Has your plumbing website already been it with a Google penalty? Plumbing Webmasters offers services to both diagnose and correct your Google penalization. If you are worried about future Google penalties for your plumbing company website, we can ease your concerns. Give our plumber SEO experts a call today at (877) 388-9884! We will walk you through all aspects of Google algorithm changes and the penalty recovery process. Some of the most common questions are:
- How Long Does Google Penalty Recovery Take for Plumber Websites?
- Will a New Domain Fix Your Google Penalty Problem?
- What’s The Difference Between Manual Google Penalties and Algorithm Updates?
- How Can You Tell if Your Plumbing Company Site Has Been Penalized by Google Penguin?
Google penalties generally result from intentionally manipulative behavior. Algorithms are designed to enhance user experience and weed out low quality websites of little use to users. If you have any experience surfing the internet, you know spam when you see it. Keeping spam off your website isn’t difficult unless you’ve been hacked, in which case you should get in touch with our team right away. Other causes for Google penalization include; link schemes, content scraping, keyword stuffing, hidden text, and doorway pages. If you ceased control of your website to a third party that you suspect is using some of these manipulative tactics, we can help you regain control. In addition, our backlink monitoring services help you avoid future penalties caused by low quality link associations.
Guide to Google Algorithms for Plumbers
As a local business owner, your plumbing company website is a vital part of your business. In order to reach new clients, it is essential to expand your web presence to its fullest extent, and dominate your competition in search engine results. However, in order to create an effective presence, you first must understand how search engines determine rankings. Search engines like Google are powered by algorithms that crawl and rank websites to best serve the needs of its users. For example, if your website is optimized for ‘local plumbing repair’, Google algorithms should rank you highly when potential clients in your area search for ‘local plumbing repair.’ Google is constantly adjusting and tweaking their algorithms to enhance user experience. There isn’t a single marketer alive that can accurately predict either the timing or contents of future algorithm updates. With that said, there are some overarching philosophies in which these updates will generally attempt to abide by:
- Ethics: Google’s intention is to reward ethical web practices that aim to meet user needs
- Relevance: Google is constantly evaluating ways to get users the most relevant information
- Speed: Google is constantly looking for ways to expired the exchange of information
- User Experience: The goal of every search engine is to provide an optimal user experience
Algorithm changes and tweaks can have a significant impact on website rankings. When you consider the secretive and fluid nature of these updates, it can be very difficult to maintain top rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs). At Plumbing Webmasters, we are experts in search engine optimization. We are constantly learning and adapting to keep pace with Google algorithms. We offer comprehensive SEO services, and are capable of managing every aspect of your plumbing internet marketing. This includes the expansion of web presence, the research and targeting of keywords, and the eventual improvement of search rankings. Google updates can be confusing and frustrating for web developers. If you make mistakes, Google reserves the right to lower your rank, or take you off of SERPs entirely. At Plumbing Webmasters, we strictly abide by Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. We never participate in black hat SEO techniques and avoid any type of behavior that will hurt your URL’s reputation or negatively influence your ranking potential.
Google Algorithm Updates
Google has released several major algorithm updates, with each of them listed below. In addition to major updates, Google releases hundreds of minor tweaks and updates every year that are not heavily publicized, but can still have a dramatic effect on your website’s rankings.
- Panda: Released in 2011, Panda is known for filtering out low quality content that negatively affects user experience. For example, low quality articles from content farms stuffed with keywords and full of other black hat SEO tactics.
- Penguin: Released in 2012, Penguin is one of the most notorious algorithm updates in the SEO community. The Google Penguin update is known for its aggressive penalizations of unnatural link building and link schemes. This update tanked many top ranking websites that were manipulating search results with low quality backlinks.
- Hummingbird: An extremely significant algorithm released in 2013, Hummingbird is most known for its improvement of search results and user experience. Hummingbird is less concerned with keywords and more concerned with the keyword’s intent.
- Pigeon: Released in 2014, Pigeon is primarily focused on mapping and location data, in order to provide more accurate results to mobile users.
- Mobile: Released in 2015, Mobile ensures that mobile-friendly pages rank on the top of mobile search results. This update accounts for the increased usage in mobile devices across the world.
- Possum: Released in 2017. Possum further optimizes searches based on the users location in relation to the results of nearby businesses and other entities.
For many website owners, Google algorithms have a massive impact on rankings. However, the majority of our plumbing company clients appear to be heavily affected by the Penguin update. If your website relied on low quality or scraped content, and spammy link building tactics like link schemes, your website likely suffered significant Google penalties. Backlinks are an essential part of increasing search engine rankings, but it is critical to use the proper link building techniques. Ethical link building strategies post penguin are difficult for many website managers to understand. If you are unsure what ethical link building techniques entail, give our experts a call. We offer link building services for plumbers, as well as Google penalty recovery.