Why Do Plumbers Need Link Building?
Plumbers need link building because it establishes their website as authoritative, and therefore gives it a better chance of ranking well on Google search engine results pages (SERPs). Acquiring a link from a reputable website is one of the most impactful SEO practices available to plumbing contractors. Quality link building affects the following aspects of your plumbing company:
- Authority: Linking from websites that have a good standing on search engines, as well as the community at large, gives your website and company authority by association
- Exposure. By being linked from third party websites, your brand and services are being exposed to a much wider audience
- Reputation: Online marketing is not dissimilar to traditional offline advertising, if your plumbing company website is seen among other reputable entities, its reputation will increase by default
- Visibility: Your plumbing contractor website is only as valuable as the traffic that reaches it, and there is no better way to generate quality traffic than by linking from a reputable website
As Google algorithms have improved, it has become clear that plumbing websites require quality links in order to rank on Google SERPs. However, this does not condone participation in link spamming or manipulative link building. To rank on Google, and stay there, you will need high quality backlinks from reputable websites.
What Does a Good Backlink For Plumbers Look Like?
Among SEO professionals, you may hear slightly varying opinions on what makes a backlink good, or of high quality. However, when answering the question, What does a good backlink look like, SEO experts often agree on a few basic principles:
- From a Relevant, Trusted Source: A high quality plumber backlink should come from trusted plumbing sources, such as a popular forum about plumbing repairs, or from a quality website that facilitates reviews on plumbing services.
- Increases Site Traffic: One of the main purposes of a quality backlink is to increase traffic to your plumbing company website. A quality backlink will be posted in a prominent position on the page linking to you. Links in comment sections are typically not quality backlinks.
- From Inside Content: As mentioned above, backlinks in the comment section are typically considered unnatural. However, if an editorial page includes your link in the content of their article, that is considered a high quality link, as it was important enough for the page writer to include in their content.
- Non-Reciprocal: In the early years of unnatural links, many websites would exchange backlinks for backlinks. While you won’t be penalized for this, higher quality backlinks exist when another website links to you, but you don’t link to them.
- Varying Sources: Quality backlinks should come from different, reputable sources. Simply put, having 15 backlinks from 15 unique and trustworthy plumbing authorities is better than several hundred backlinks coming from the same 4 websites.
- Included With Authority Backlinks: Another ranking measurement for quality backlinks has to do with which backlinks surround it. If you are listed in an article with other backlinks that lead to authority plumbing websites, your backlink can be considered in the same ranking tier as the others.
What Is an Unnatural Link?
Unnatural links can spell disaster for your plumbing company website. Simply put, an unnatural link is any backlink that Google sees as an attempt to manipulate search results. Unnatural links are considered to be link schemes, and can result in serious penalties from Google! It is essential to keep unnatural backlinks away from your site, and to never participate in spammy link building practices. Never pay for backlinks, and always avoid excessive link exchanges. Link exchanges are mutual agreements to post a link for someone if they agree to reciprocate it. Additionally, you should avoid backlinks from article banks and article directory sites. Advertisement links are also frowned upon. It is best practice to focus on earning high quality backlinks only, as they will help you rank better, and avoid penalties from Google.
Google’s New Link Disavow Tool and Plumber SEO
Launched in 2012, Google’s Link Disavow tool is a great way to improve your plumber seo, and remove any penalties from your site. Essentially, the tool allows you to disavow unnatural links that you cannot otherwise remove, whether they are flukes, or gained from improper link building tactics in the past. This can help you take existing penalties off of your site. Google teaches you how to use the tool here. Keep in mind, professional assistance is recommended for any link disavowals. Here at the Plumbing Webmasters, we are happy to help you with all of your backlink management needs! If you are interested in learning more, call us today and ask us about our excellent plumber link building services, as well as:
- Google Link Penalties for Plumbers
- How to Write a Reconsideration Request for Your Plumbing Company Website
- Link Audit & Analysis for Plumbers
We offer link audit and analysis for plumbers to help local plumbing companies evaluate and improve their rankings on Google. We can help your business with quality link building services, and comprehensive SEO services, designed to increase your online visibility and client conversion rates. Don’t let link penalties drag your plumbing company down in search engine rankings. With the help of Plumbing Webmasters, you can find and fix penalties administered by Google. For plumber link building services, give us a call right now.