Reviews are a major component of a plumbing contractor’s marketing success. When internet users search on mobile devices, reviews of nearby businesses become immediately visible. Plumber online reviews can really make or break the perception of a potential customer. People generally favor companies that can evoke the following:
- Authority: A company displaying only 2 or 3 reviews is not going to be considered a giant in their industry, where as a company with 2,000 reviews very likely will be
- Professionalism: Customers want to know that you care, if they see negative reviews without a response, or a response that is confrontational, your company will suffer the consequences
- Trust: A high volume of reviews establishes credibility, but a high percentage of positive feedback earns trust
Review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, & HomeAdvisor send signals to search engines which influence the reputation of your plumbing company. Generating a diverse collection of reviews from multiple sources indicates that you’ve refrained from blatant solicitation, and that your company has earned a reputation for being trustworthy. Google My Business reviews can have an even greater impact because of their increased visibility on search engine results. Call 877.388.9884 for plumber online reviews management.
How Plumbers Can Generate More Reviews
Paying for online reviews is not an acceptable practice for plumbing contractors. Google can manually penalize companies who pay for reviews and severely tarnish their reputation. There are more than enough methods to generate reviews without resorting to systematic manipulation. Instead of incentivizing plumber online reviews, companies should instead do the following:
- Ask for Them: There is no harm in politely asking customers for a review in person, perhaps after you finish your service
- Email Signature Link: Embedding direct links to your review pages like Yelp, Google, and HomeAdvisor in your email signature can help generate reviews
- Social Media Posts: Tweeting or posting to ask for reviews is ok to do on occasion
- Website Footer Links: Linking to your review pages in the footer of your website can help customers remember to leave a review
The process of generating reviews is going to take some time, but plumbing contractors must remain patient. While incentivizing reviews might be an enticing short term solution, it will actually end up costing you big in the long run. At Plumbing Webmasters, we can help you generate legitimate reviews through links, social media posts, and marketing campaigns. Invest in yourself and build a sustainable online presence that will pay off for decades.
Best Review Sites for Plumbing Companies
As we previously noted, Google My Business reviews are the most visible. These reviews are presented as soon as someone searches your plumbing company on Google. Other review sites that also generate considerable traffic include Yelp, BBB, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. Plumbing companies should be mindful of their reputation throughout all corners of the internet. Uploading a consistent profile with accurate NAP information can help reviewers easily find you.
At Plumbing Webmasters, we know that generating online reviews can be an overwhelming task. Our goal is to free you from the stress of internet marketing by handling every aspect on your behalf. This way, you can focus on the day to day operations of your plumbing business. Our team of SEO experts optimizes websites and citation sources for reviews and helps companies increase their reputation online. For plumber online reviews management, call now at 877.388.9884