Before plumbers can market their services to audiences, they must know who their audience is. Audience research is certainly the first step to content marketing if not advertising and marketing in general. Plumbing Webmasters offers plumber audience research services for contractors across the country. Some of the questions we are looking to answer include:
- Where is my audience online?
- What type of content does my audience most regularly consume?
- What are the general needs of my audience?
- What are the general demographics of my audience?
There is no way to pinpoint an exact audience profile. After all, we are dealing with groups of individuals. Each person will have a slight variation in their behaviors, needs, demographics etc. The goal is to find relevant trends that can allow us to craft content in a certain voice or style, that caters to a certain range of needs and is distributed through a defined group of channels. Call (877) 388-9884 for plumber audience research services.
Social Media for Plumber Audience Research
Aside from customer surveys, social media is the best tool to research your audience. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn, and others are goldmines for consumer information if properly utilized. This avenue is most useful when your plumbing company has established social media profiles on each of these platforms. Some ways to gain audience insights via social media include:
- Analyze Content: Check on the content shared by your customers and / or followers as it can provide insight into their mindset
- Evaluate Data: Most social platforms have built in tracking and analytics systems to see how users engage with your content
- Review Followers: See who your customers are following on social platforms, as that can help define their interests
- Track Mentions: Most social platforms have a mentions filter system which allows your company to see what users are saying about your business
Social media is a valuable audience research tool for plumbers. It provides a wealth of consumer information right at our fingertips. How this information is evaluated and processed will ultimately determine marketing and advertising strategies. There has never been more access to information than their is in 2018. With that data comes added responsibility, as plumbing companies must allocate the necessary resources to account for this surge.
Applying Audience Research for Plumbers
Once you have the data, and have evaluated it thoroughly, what is the next step? The answer lies in the proper application of this data. You’ll want to develop a customer profile, and craft content that caters to that customer. We previously mentioned that it is impossible to narrow a customer profile down into a single person. Content will have to be diverse enough to meet the needs of a defined range of customers. This can be done by creating individual service pages for each plumbing category.
Your URL structure should cater to user experience. If you find that your market is focused on residential plumbing services, you’ll want to have child pages within that category. For example, yourwebsite.com/residential/repiping. As you can see, the URL makes cognitive sense and allows users to navigate your website seamlessly. It also helps search engines like Google crawl and index your website for optimal visibility. Call (877) 388-9884 for plumber audience research services.