For plumbing companies, branding is a critical component to online success. A brand serves as the identity of your company and something consumers will associate with your services. But most importantly, brands help people decide which companies they will ultimately invest their hard earned dollars in, and in contrast, which ones they won’t. One and done transactions don’t serve a long term purpose for your business. Retaining customers for all their plumbing needs is where you can really make bank. But what makes up a brand for plumbing contractors? Consider some of the examples below:
- Advertising Style: The channel and contents of your ads
- Company Logo: The visual representation of your brand
- Company Philosophy: The goals and objectives of your company
- Content Voice: The tone and flow of your marketing content
Each of these things contributes to your brand identity and help customers build a perception of who you are and what you represent. Branding is very much about loyalty and building a sustainable customer base. With that in mind, your identity must be associated with qualities that encourage those things. For example, authority, transparency, and locality are three characteristics of a successful brand. Authority earns credibility, transparency builds trust, and locality connects with people on an emotional level. Call (877) 388-9884 for plumbing company branding services.
How Branding Impacts Online Presence
Plumbing Webmasters is an internet marketing company, so we merge brand identity with online presence. Without one, the other cannot exist. Most plumbing leads come from local Google searches. While ranking on the top of those searches makes your company visible, branding is what makes it memorable. Being seen is not enough to earn a conversion, but when combined with branding, it can be the difference between you and competitors.
- Keyword Research: Use tools like Keyword Planner to find underutilized keywords in the plumbing industry
- Logo Design/Placement: Replace or improve your current logo, and display it optimally across internet platforms
- Online Directories: Be consistent with contact information, and logo uploads, throughout online directories like Google My Business, Yelp, BBB, Angie’s List, and HomeAdvisor
- Social Media: Upload your logo, optimize your profile, and share engaging content, on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and others
The brand development process takes place through a series of techniques and activities including; search engine optimization (SEO), logo design, and name, address, phone number (NAP) consistency. Implementing these techniques and activities can significantly enhance your brand recognition. The more times people see your name and logo, the more they will begin to store it in their memories. Similarly, the more places you make your presence felt throughout the internet, the further your brand recognition will extend. Brands should extend offline as well with truck wraps, business cards, and other marketing materials.
Online Branding Channels for Plumbing Companies
After a logo is designed, a mission statement is written, and an overarching philosophy is established, plumbers can begin the execution of online branding. The planning stage is the developmental phase, where you come to a consensus agreement about your company identity. In the execution phase, those things will be implemented within the digital landscape. Outside of your website, the most critical places to brand your company are:
- Facebook: The top social media site in the world should, at the very least, list your brand and contact info
- Google My Business: The foundation of local search results is invaluable for plumbing companies
- Twitter: Plumbing contractors should be accessible on the platform known for up to the second information
- Yelp: Your company’s trust is largely based on this popular non-Google review site
- YouTube: Video content is becoming increasingly popular, and therefore beneficial for SEO
As Google moves towards a more comprehensive, user-friendly, search platform, plumbing companies must develop their brand to meet the standards of trust, expertise, and authority. If you are a plumbing company overwhelmed by the state of internet marketing, save yourself the stress and contact Plumbing Webmasters. Our background in SEO services, combined with our working relationships within the plumbing industry make us the perfect match for your company. If you are interested in plumbing company branding, call us today at (877) 388-9884.