Storm seasons fluctuate, and leads can dry up fast for stretches of time. Water restoration companies need to generate enough leads to earn an average annual revenue worth the cost of business. But how does a company go about creating more interest in their services? Below, Plumbing Webmasters will detail 7 ways to generate water damage leads for your water restoration company. They are:
1 Inbound Marketing
Make the consumer come to you with consistent marketing practices. The term inbound marketing refers to “pull” marketing in which consumers are drawn to your services through content. Examples of inbound marketing include:
- Blog Posts: Consistent and informative blogging
- Company Branding: Developing a company identity, philosophy, and marketing tone
- Optimized Web Pages: Implementing SEO on and off page
- Social Media Content: Producing engaging social posts
In contrast to traditional marketing techniques, inbound marketing focuses on organic reach, and long-term sustainability. As consumers have become more sophisticated, and more empowered, inbound marketing has become even more valuable.
2 Twitter Archives
Twitter’s search function allows you to search all public tweets. Try phrases like “water damage repair,” or “need water restoration”, and see what you find. At the very least you might make some meaningful network connections. Aspects of Twitter to investigate, include:
- Analytics: Twitter’s free analytics tool
- Direct Messaging: One on one, private interactions with other users
- Hashtags: A regional, national, and global discussion mechanism
- Threads: Expanded conversations dispersed through a chain, or several chains, of tweets
There’s a sometimes unclear distinction between promotion and spam, especially for novices. If any aspect of your profile seems spam-like, expect your company’s reputation to suffer, and don’t expect to gain more consumer interest. The good news is Plumbing Webmasters offers social media marketing services.
3 Targeted Blog Posts
It seems like everyone has a blog nowadays. From the fortune 500 company, to the random college student. With so much excess, how can a water restoration company blog stand out? The answer lies in targeted posts. To create a targeted blog post, you need:
- Keyword Research: Identification of appropriate keywords using tools like SEMRush
- Post Optimization: Appropriate use of keywords within title, header, and meta tags
- Post Promotion / Syndication: Distribution of posts on social platforms, and other channels
- Quality Writing: Posts should be well-written by professional writers
When you specify a topic, you are more likely to create a meaningful piece of content for your company. Attempting to capture everything in one post is daunting, and unrealistic. Take the low hanging fruit of opportune keywords within your industry. It can help drive traffic to your website.
4 Forums / Blog Comments
For a true pulse of your industry community, or its community of consumers, forums are the best place to gather information. Because forums have a conversational element to them, raw opinions are more available than they would be on a web page or technical document. To garner leads on forums, one must:
- Contribute: Add value to conversations
- Engage: Conversate with other members
- Integrate: Stay active, and avoid spam-like posts, and shameless promotion
- Strategize: Have a plan beforehand
Properly integrating yourself within a forum community is important. In addition to forums, blog comments serve a similar function. With that said, comment moderation is sometimes lacking the attentiveness of a highly populated forum. Stay away from spammers, or any comment sections that are engaging in unproductive discourse.
5 Email Signatures
Most companies communicate with customers via email, in some form. Whether that’s an e-newsletter, discount and promotional offers, or something else, it’s important to design and implement an email signature. Your signature appears below every email correspondence. It should possess the following features:
- Call To Action: An encouragement to complete a desired action
- Contact Information: Website links, social media profiles, etc.
- Graphical Element: Include an image and / or video of some kind
- NAP Information: Name, address, and phone number
The best signatures are short in length, as in 2, or 3, lines of text. Nobody is going to spend much time reading an email signature, but if a call to action stands out, there is a chance someone will complete it. Even at a relatively low percentage, this still creates opportunity for water damage leads.
6 Video Content
Speaking of video, YouTube is one of the most popular internet platforms on the web. It’s popularity is astounding, with more 18-49 year old’s consuming YouTube content than any cable television network. For water restoration companies, video content should be:
- Branded: Use watermarks, overlays, etc., to help brand your video
- High Quality: Technology has allowed more people to shoot high quality videos, with most modern smartphones having superior recording features.
- Optimized: SEO exists for YouTube, seeing that it is owned by Google, and its results appear on many common search queries
- Instructive: As is the case with other forms of lead building, an instructive call to action encourages generation
You don’t have to be a movie director to record high quality business video. It does help however, to invest in a condenser microphone to improve audio quality, as recording from a distance with a built-in smart phone mic, rarely yields optimal audio snippets. The good news is that you can find a good condenser microphone for a low price.
7 Great Web Content
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it …. Good content is still a trusted way to encourage lead generation, and can be accomplished through keyword research, and high quality writing. The web is full of content, some great, other awful, and the distinction usually lies in:
- Originality: Can the content be found on other sources?
- Relevance: Does the content relate to the industry and its subject matter?
- User Experience: Is the content crafted for search engines, or its users?
- Value: Does the content provide meaningful assistance to the reader?
While it might be an aging concept, writing good content can still net quality leads from the web. In fact, it relates closely to one of our first tips; inbound marketing. Creating quality content attracts consumers to you, rather than having to go to them to secure the lead.
Plumbing Webmasters PPL For Water Damage Leads
To generate water damage leads, you need to approach marketing from a more innovative standpoint. Paying a monthly fee for internet marketing services such as website design, SEO, PPC, and social media, doesn’t do you much good when zero leads are being produced. In fact, the monthly cost ends up draining your bank account. The solution is Pay Per Lead marketing, often referred to as PPL. With this model, you pay only for results. Call (877) 388-9884 to discuss more ways to generate water damage leads!