Does your marketing company have a vested interest in seeing you succeed? Are they working hard to produce outstanding growth for your business, or just hard enough to earn another 12 month contract? Having a marketing company with skin in the game can make all the difference for plumbing contractors, as Jason and Nolen discuss in our latest podcast.
Helpful Tips on SEO for Plumbers
- It’s getting harder and harder to compete without an established presence in local SEO.
- Make sure your digital marketing company provides direct Google Ads reporting for PPC.
- PPC budget and reporting should be kept separate from organic SEO.
- Results for plumbing SEO usually take 2 to 3 months after launching a new website.
- Research your top competitors’ websites.
- See how well your marketing company ranks in organic search!
Overcoming the Past
You’ve been hurt before. Based on the number of angry, confused plumbers we’ve talked to over the years, odds are you’ve been taken advantage of by an untrustworthy digital marketing agency. In fact, you may have gone through the same situation multiple times now. Naturally, this leaves you hesitant to trust again. We understand!
However, you’ve also know by now just how essential local search is to finding clients.
There’s no getting around it. If you don’t have the talent inside your team already, you are going to have to find a company who understands SEO for plumbers. That’s where the Plumbing Webmasters come into play.
Learning to Trust Again
Instead of immediately jumping back into the online fray, why not take a day to reexamine what it means to succeed in Google Search? Take a day to research the different ways to rank #1. Better yet, take a look at your most productive online competitors to see what they’re doing different! You’ll probably find them at the top of search results in a Local Pack (see the picture below).
Since organic search champions earn the lion’s share of website traffic, it pays to understand what they’re doing to be successful. Do some research! Spend a little time digging through their websites and exploring their service pages.
Critical Research Questions on Competitors
- How good is the content on their service pages and homepage?
- What sort of service page structure do they have?
- Which keywords are they using to get noticed by Google?
- Do they write blogs? How often are they posting?
- Are they using stock photos?
- What sort of calls to action (CTAs) are they using?
- How many reviews do they have on their Google Search listing?
- How good is the overall design of the website?
Just remember: to outrank these professionals, your website and related internet marketing must be better than the current champions. If you only match their website quality, you’re unlikely to outrank them (especially if they’re older companies).
Find a Winning Team
Emphasis on “Winning”. For all the technical expertise and fancy service packages a marketing company may provide, do they produce successful clients? If you Google Search “plumbing contractors in (insert city, state)”, you should be able to find their customers listed there!
Here’s another important question: How many keywords do their clients rank for? Big name companies like to advertise front page rankings for five, ten, or thirty keywords. An experienced marketing company can get your plumbing business ranked for hundreds of keywords (with dozens of front page listings)!
On a side note, make sure to steer clear of companies that offer a PPC/SEO bundle deal, especially if their campaign spending isn’t provided directly through Google Ads!
Team Up With Plumbing Webmasters
We won’t sugarcoat it. Our team at Plumbing Webmasters wants to earn your business! We know you’ve been hurt before, which is why our SEO professionals work so hard to make it easy and (practically) risk free to test our services. While it costs us thousands of dollars to produce a professional website that ranks for hundreds of keywords, we only charge you $99 for the first month. Our clients pay on a monthly basis, because we crave accountability for our results. That means you can quit anytime if our work doesn’t live up to your standards!
We think you’ll stay though, because our clients regularly dominate their local search results with better placement, more consumer traffic, and higher-quality leads.
If you’re tired of getting the runaround from your current marketing company, Plumbing Webmasters is always here to help. Consult with one of our seasoned plumber SEO professionals for free by calling us at (877) 388-9884. It’s tough to trust again, but we’re worth it!
Resources from Plumbing Webmasters
Blogs and Podcasts
– What is a Plumber SEO WordPress Theme? (Article)
– Plumber Online Marketing Confusion (Podcast)
Plumber SEO Services
– Website Design Services for Plumbing Companies
– Organic SEO for Plumbing Contractors
– Plumber Reputation Management
Podcast: Play in new window | Download