What are Retargeting Ads for Plumbers?
Retargeting ads for plumbers are online display ads shown to users who visit your plumbing website and then exit without completing a call-to-action. The technique utilizes browser cookies and tracking pixels to retarget the user as they browse the web elsewhere. Plumbing companies can also use retargeting ads on Facebook.
Plumbing Retargeting Ads Basics
Retargeting is most often used to describe the online display ads shown to visitors who came to your website but navigated away without acting. This marketing type includes pixel tracking or cookies that follow the user around after they leave your website.
The marketing tactic of retargeting is nothing new. It’s been around for over a decade now, and it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere. And there is a reason for that.
Retargeting works and the numbers don’t lie. Retargeting ads can boost click-through rates by a significant margin. People are more likely to click on an ad if they are already familiar with the brand, product, or service.
But we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves. For now, retargeting ads for plumbers can be very beneficial. They can help you convert more customers and make more sales. But how does it all work? How can you use retargeting ads for your business? These are the questions we will be addressing in the following post so let’s get started.
The concept of a retargeting ad is straightforward: you show your ad to someone who has visited your website, seen the ad, or engaged with your content before. Technically speaking, retargeting ads also include any ad displayed to a past customer.
The digital concept works by applying code to a specific user when they visit your site. You can assign a unique code for those who make some action on it (clicking a link, signing up for a mailing list, etc.).
For example, have you ever noticed that you see ads for certain companies on the sidebars of other websites you visit? If so, they retargeted you. You see ads for this particular company because you have somehow shown a “digital interest” in their products or services already.
So why would any company want to do this? When someone leaves your website without making a purchase or requesting more information, doesn’t that mean they aren’t interested? Why hound them when they have already decided not to do business with you?
Because that isn’t always the case. 43% of retargeted customers end up making a purchase. It’s important to realize that many consumers will leave a website without purchasing for many reasons – not just that they are genuinely uninterested in the product or service.
And the benefits of retargeting don’t stop short of more conversions – although that is the most important benefit for many business owners.
Why Should Plumbers Retarget at All?
Retargeting ads for plumbers aren’t just about making more sales. That’s more of a short-term perk to these types of ads. Retargeting ads should be part of your marketing campaign for long-term, sustained lead generation and conversion. Besides increased sales, here are some critical retargeting ad benefits:
- Increase Brand Awareness: Many professional marketers say that retargeting helps increase their client’s brand awareness. When people see your ad in multiple places, they become more aware and, typically, more trusting of your brand. Retargeting is a great method for letting people know who you are and what you do.
- Customer Retention: Retargeting is also beneficial for customer retention. When someone has hired you in the past, they are more likely to return to you when reminded of your plumbing services. Retargeting ads for plumbers can serve as this friendly reminder.
- Market Research: Most retargeting ad tools will allow you to see where the customer was when they left your website. This data can provide you with valuable market data as to what is working and what isn’t.
- Upselling Opportunities: This benefit sort of goes hand-in-hand with the customer retention point. Retargeting ads can help you sell more expensive services to people who have already hired you in the past. These customers are the ones more likely to spend more money on higher-priced services.
How Plumbers Can Utilize Retargeting Ads
You can choose multiple platforms if you want to get started with retargeting ads for plumbers. Please note that this is not a free service. Retargeting ads are usually much less expensive than initial PPC (Pay Per Click) ads. So they offer value in terms of ROI or return on investment.
Google Remarketing for Plumbers
One of the most effective platforms for retargeting (sometimes also referred to as remarketing) ads is Google Ads. Google Ads includes a remarketing tool to display your plumbing ads in front of both Google users (of which there are billions) and even people that aren’t on Google.
The great thing about Google for retargeting ads is that they have millions of partners. Even if your target audience isn’t searching on Google, they will likely visit a partner site because millions of sites partner with Google. Here’s how it works:
- Searches: When someone performs a Google search related to your service(s), your ad will show up near the top of the Google search.
- Outside Browsing: When someone who has interacted with your brand in the past ventures off of Google to one of Google’s many partner sites, your ad will still show up somewhere on the site.
Facebook Remarketing for Plumbers
Facebook is perhaps the most accessible retargeting ad platform. It allows you to target Facebook users who have interacted with your business’s Facebook page (your company does have a Facebook page, doesn’t it?)
As you probably already know, Facebook has acquired several other social media platforms. So your ads won’t just display on people’s Facebook feeds. They will see them on Instagram, Messenger, and the mobile messaging app WhatsApp. Here’s how it works:
- Install the Facebook Retargeting Pixel on your website.
- Match existing customers through their email addresses to their Facebook account
- You can also manually upload an email list of the current customers that you want to see your retargeting ad
- Display your ad on any website that is part of the Facebook advertising network
Partner With HVAC-Plumber SEO Webmasters for Retargeting Ads
Retargeting ads for plumbers is just one of the many ways you can target your local market. They increase brand awareness, help with customer retention, and usually offer a great ROI. Plus, they aren’t as expensive as pay-per-click ads, which have merit in their own right.
But it will take more than a massive retargeting ad campaign to dominate your local market. That’s where we come in. We are HVAC-Plumber SEO Webmasters. We have a long history of helping contractors like you expand their business, increase customer retention, and win new customers.
We specialize in organic SEO services that will drive more traffic to your website and social pages. We also offer a complete website design service emphasizing local SEO for plumbers and HVAC contractors just getting started. And if you want to completely redo your website and make it the lead-generating machine it should be, we can help with that too.
Final Thoughts on Remarketing & Retargeting
Plumbers can improve CTR and conversions with remarketing and retargeting. The data reveals that users previously exposed to your company and its services are more likely to engage with subsequent advertisements than brand-new consumers.
As a result, investing in a retargeting strategy is a shrewd business move for your plumbing company. If you require assistance with any aspect of your remarketing campaign, be sure to contact Plumbing Webmasters to optimize your web effort in 2023.